Place:


Noak Hill  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Noak Hill like this:

NOAK-HILL, a chapelry in Romford parish, Essex; 4 mile E of Romford r. station. It has a post-office under Romford. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Romford, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is small. There is a national school.

Noak Hill through time

Noak Hill is now part of Havering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Havering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Noak Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Noak Hill, in Havering and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6840

Date accessed: 15th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Noak Hill ".