Place:


High Easter  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High Easter like this:

EASTER (High), a parish in Dunmow district, Essex; 4½ miles S by W of Dunmow r. station, and 8½ NW of Chelmsford. It has a post office under Chelmsford-Acres, 4, 725. Real property, £6, 005. Pop., 947. Houses, 202. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage annexed to Good Easter, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is ancient. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.

High Easter through time

High Easter is now part of Uttlesford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Uttlesford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about High Easter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High Easter, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6693

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " High Easter ".