Place:


Creeksea  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Creeksea like this:

CREEKSEA, Cricksea, or Crixea, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; on the river Crouch, at Wallasea ferry, 2 miles WNW of Burnham, and 8½ SE of Maldon r. station. It has a post office under Maldon. Acres, 985; of which 130 are water. Real property, £1, 386. Pop., 175. Houses, 32. The property is subdivided. The surface is marshy. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Althorne, in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £400.* Patron, J. H. Candy, Esq. The church is good.

Creeksea through time

Creeksea is now part of Maldon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maldon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Creeksea itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Creeksea, in Maldon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6670

Date accessed: 17th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Creeksea ".