Place:


Llan Wern  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Wern like this:

LLANWERN, a parish in Newport district, Monmouth; on the South Wales railway, 4 miles E of Newport. It has a station on the railway; and its posttown is Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 701. Real property, £1,303. Pop., 15. Houses, 3. The property, with Llanwern House, belonged formerly to the Vannes, and belongs now to the Rev. SirSalusbury, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £100. Patron, the Rev. SirSalusbury, Bart. The church is good.

Llan Wern through time

Llan Wern is now part of Newport district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newport has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llan Wern itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Wern, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6650

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llan Wern ".