Place:


Corringham  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corringham like this:

CORRINGHAM, a parish in Orset district, Essex; on the river Thames above Canvey Island, and on the London and Southend railway, 2 miles NE of Stanford-le-Hope r. station, and 7½ S by E of Billericay. Post town, Stanford-le-Hope, under Romford, London E. Acres, 3, 536, of which 680 are water. Real property, £3, 729. Pop., 229. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £866. Patron, the Rev. S. S. Greatheed. The church has a Norman tower and two brasses; and is good. Charities, £6.

Corringham through time

Corringham is now part of Thurrock district. Click here for graphs and data of how Thurrock has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Corringham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corringham, in Thurrock and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6646

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Corringham ".