Place:


Llanrhychwyn  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanrhychwyn like this:

LLANRHYCHWYN, a parish, with a village, in the district of Llanrwst and county of Carnarvon; on the river Conway at the boundary with Denbigh, 1½ mile W by N of Llanrwst r. station. Post town, Llanrwst, Denbighshire. Acres, with Trefriw, 9,576. Real property of L. a lone, £1,799; of which £124 are in mines. ...


Pop., 532. Houses, 113. The property is all in one estate. A seat of the bard Taliesin was at the E end of Llyn-Gerrionydd. The land is hilly. Slate is quarried, and lead ore is mined. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Trefriw, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Rhychwyn, and was reported in 1859 as not good.

Llanrhychwyn through time

Llanrhychwyn is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanrhychwyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanrhychwyn, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6608

Date accessed: 20th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanrhychwyn ".