Place:


Little Chesterford  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Chesterford like this:

CHESTERFORD (Little), a parish in Saffron-Walden district, Essex; on the river Granta, 1 mile SSE of Chesterford r. station, and 3 NNW of Saffron-Walden. It has a post office under Saffron-Walden. Acres, 1, 260. Real property, £1, 899. Pop., 276. Houses, 55. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Great Chesterford, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is ancient but very good; and has a brass of 1462. Charities, £41.

Little Chesterford through time

Little Chesterford is now part of Uttlesford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Uttlesford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Chesterford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Chesterford, in Uttlesford and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6585

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Chesterford ".