Place:


Llanllugan  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanllugan like this:

LLANLLUGAN, a parish in Newtown district, Montgomery; on the river Rhiw, 4 miles SW of Llanfair, and 7½ NW of Newtown r. station. Post town LlanfairCaereinion, under Welshpool. Acres, 3,945. Real property, £1,530. Pop., 304. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. A Cistertian nunnery was founded here in 1239; was given, at the dissolution, to the D'Arcys; and has left no traces. ...


Much of the parish is upland. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £60. Patron, the Lord of the Manor. The church is early English, and was recently in disrepair.

Llanllugan through time

Llanllugan is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanllugan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanllugan, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6576

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanllugan ".