Place:


Llanina  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanina like this:

LLANINA, a hamlet and a parish in Aberayron district, Cardigan. The hamlet lies on New Quay bay, 4¼ miles SW of Aberayron, and 14 NW of Lampeter r. station. Pop., 259. Houses, 58.—The parish contains also the parcel of Cydplwyf; and its Post town is Llanarth, under Carmaithen. Acres, 1,998; of which 133 are water. ...


Real property, £1,057. Pop., 498. Houses, 118. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Gwyns of Moel-Ifor. Llanina House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Llanarth, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Ina, and is tolerable.

Llanina through time

Llanina is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanina itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanina, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6497

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanina ".