Place:


Lancaut  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lancaut like this:

LANCAUT, a chapelry in Tidenham parish, Gloucester; on the river Wye, 2 miles N by E of Chepstow r. station. Post-town, Chepstow. Acres, 183. Real property, £277. Pop., 9. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Woollaston, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient.

Lancaut through time

Lancaut is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lancaut itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lancaut, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6390

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lancaut ".