Place:


Kingsnorth  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsnorth like this:

KINGSNORTH, a village and a parish in West Ashford district, Kent. The village stands near the Southeastern railway, 2¼ miles S of Ashford; and has a postoffice under Ashford. The parish comprises 3, 245 acres. Real property, £3, 659. Pop., 416. Houses, 79. Part of the surface is marshland, part is woodland, and about 50 acres are hop garden. Mountford was anciently the seat of the Clarkes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £630.* Patron, Denne Denne, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a Bible Christian chapel, and charities £4.

Kingsnorth through time

Kingsnorth is now part of Ashford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ashford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingsnorth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsnorth, in Ashford and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6248

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingsnorth ".