Place:


Cubert  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cubert like this:

CUBERT, or Cutiibert, a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, near Holywell bay, 5½ miles WNW of St. Michael, and 8 ½ N by W of Truro r. station. Post town, New Quay, under St. Columb. Acres, 2, 518; of which 75 are water. Real property, £3, 486. Pop., 420. ...


Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. Some mining is carried on; and there is a petrifying spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £180.* Patron, the Rev.H. Hosken. The church stands on a hill; contains monuments of the Hoskens and others; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Cubert through time

Cubert is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cubert itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cubert, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6114

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cubert ".