Place:


Alpington  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alpington like this:

ALPINGTON, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; 4 miles E of Swainsthorpe r. station, and 6 SE of Norwich. Post Town, Rockland under Norwich. Acres, 630. Real property, £1,285. Pop., 208. Houses, 47. A chief residence is Alpington Hall. The living is a rectory, annexed to Yelverton, in the diocese of Norwich.

Alpington through time

Alpington is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alpington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alpington in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5973

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alpington ".