Place:


St Enoder  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Enoder like this:

ENODER (St.), a village and a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall. The village stands 4½ miles SSW of St. Columb-Major, and 6 NNW of Grampound r. station; and has a post office under Ladock. The parish includes also part of the town of Mitchell. Acres, 7, 037. Real property, £6, 333; of which £142 are in mines. ...


Pop., 1, 151. Houses, 234. The surface is somewhat flat. The rocks include granite and porphyry, with tin and copper ores. Gomronson was the seat of the Flammocks; and Boswallow of the Stephenses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £380.* Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church has a pinnacled tower and a Norman font. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

St Enoder through time

St Enoder is now part of Restormel district. Click here for graphs and data of how Restormel has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Enoder itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Enoder, in Restormel and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5923

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Enoder ".