Place:


Whitestone  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitestone like this:

WHITSTONE, a parish, with a scattered village, in St. Thomas district, Devon; 3 miles W of Exeter r. station. It has a post-office under Exeter. Acres, 4,077. Real property, £4,256. Pop., 571. Houses, 124. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £641.* Patron, the Rev. W. Brown. The church is ancient. There are an endowed school and alms houses with £30 a year, and other charities £6.

Whitestone through time

Whitestone is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitestone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitestone, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5905

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitestone ".