Place:


Tilney cum Islington  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tilney Cum Islington like this:

TILNEY-CUM-ISLINGTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk; 2½ miles SW by S of Clenchwarton r. station, and 4 SW of Lynn. Post town, Lynn. Acres, 1,625. Real property, £3,598. Pop., 295. Houses, 61. The manor belongs to R. Bagge, Esq. Islington Hall is the seat of Mrs. Hulton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £110.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Tilney cum Islington through time

Tilney Cum Islington is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tilney Cum Islington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tilney cum Islington in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5742

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tilney Cum Islington ".