Place:


Chellington  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chellington like this:

CHELLINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; on the river Ouse, 1¼ mile ESE of Harrold, and 4 WSW of Sharnbrook r. station. Post town, Harrold, under Bedford. Acres, 610. Real property, £1, 427. Pop., 136. Houses, 29. The living is a rectory annexed to the rectory of Carlton, in the diocese of Ely. There is a Baptist chapel.

Chellington through time

Chellington is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chellington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chellington, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5733

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chellington ".