Place:


Holcot  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holcot like this:

HOLCUTT, or HOLCOTT, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; on Crawley brook, near the boundary with Bucks, 2 miles NW of Ridgmount r. station, and 4 N of Woburn. Post town, Woburn. Acres, 880. Real property, £1, 341. Pop., 71. Houses, 12. The property belongs chiefly to the Rev. B.Smith. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Salford, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £360. * Patron, the Rev. B.Smith. The church is ancient, and contains monuments of the Chernockes.

Holcot through time

Holcot is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holcot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holcot in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5674

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holcot ".