Place:


Griston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Griston like this:

GRISTON, a parish in Wayland district, Norfolk; 2 miles SE by E of Watton, and 7½ NNW of Harling Road r. station. Post town, Watton, under Thetford. Acres, 1, 360. Real property, £1, 345. Pop., 257. house, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £159.* Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is ancient; was recently restored; and has a fine tower. There is a fuel allotment, worth £106 a year.

Griston through time

Griston is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Griston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Griston, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5548

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Griston ".