Place:


West Raynham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Raynham like this:

RAINHAM (West), a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; on the river Wensum, 4¼ miles S W of Faken.ham r. station. Post-town, Rougham, under Brandon. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £2, 945. Pop. 369. Houses, 64. The property belongs to Marquis Townshend. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of East Rainham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is in ruins. There are a girls' school, and charities £33. Whitakerthe antiquary was a native.

West Raynham through time

West Raynham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Raynham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Raynham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5467

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Raynham ".