Place:


Matlask  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Matlask like this:

MATLASK, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; 5¾ miles SE of Holt, and 14 NE of Elmham r. station. Post town, Hanworth, under Norwich. Acres, 472. Real property, £879. Pop., 163. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. Matlask Hall and most of the land belong to Mrs. Gunton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £186. Patron, the Duchy of Lancaster. The church is a plain building, and has a round tower with octangular top.

Matlask through time

Matlask is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Matlask itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Matlask in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5465

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Matlask ".