Place:


Ham  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ham like this:

HAM, a parish in Eastry district, Kent; 1 mile E of Eastry, and 2 S by W of Sandwich r. station. Posttown, Eastry, under Sandwich. Acres, 320. Rated property, £787. Pop., 47. Houses, 9. The property is divided among a few. Updown House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £190. Patron, Sir W.James, Bart. The church is old but good.

Ham through time

Ham is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ham, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5408

Date accessed: 24th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ham ".