Place:


Heyop  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Heyop like this:

HEYOP, a parish and a township in Knighton district, Radnor. The parish lies on the river Teme, at the boundary with Salop, 3¼ miles WNW of Knighton r. station. Post town, Knighton, Radnorshire. Acres, 1, 180. Real property, with Knucklas, £2, 139. Pop., 283. Houses, 45. Dolyfelin is a chief residence. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £118. Patron, Bishop of St. David's. Charities, £4. The township extends into Llangunllo parish, and is partly in Knuckles borough. Pop. of the part in Llangunllo parish, 152. Houses, 20. Pop. of the portion in Knuckles borough, 208. Houses, 34.

Heyop through time

Heyop is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Heyop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Heyop, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5358

Date accessed: 21st July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Heyop ".