Place:


Reed  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Reed like this:

REED, a parish, with a village, in Royston district, Herts; 3½ miles S of Royston r. station. Post-town, Royston. Acres, 1, 460. Real property, £1, 765. Pop., 224. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Barkway, in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £512.* Patron, the Hon. Mrs. V. Harcourt. The church is ancient but good.

Reed through time

Reed is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Reed itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Reed in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5351

Date accessed: 15th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Reed ".