Place:


North Wootton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Wootton like this:

WOOTTON (North), a parish, with a village, in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; adjacent to Wootton r. station, and 3¼ miles N by E of Lynn. Post town, South Wootton, under Lynn. Acres, 4,968; of which 3,125 are foreshore or reclaimed land in the Wash. Real property, £2,342. Pop., 247. Houses, 45. The manor belongs to the Hon. Mrs. Howard. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £265.* Patron, the Hon. Mrs. Howard. The church was recently rebuilt, and is in the early English style. There is an endowed national school.

North Wootton through time

North Wootton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Wootton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Wootton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5336

Date accessed: 18th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Wootton ".