Place:


Thornton Cleveleys  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornton Cleveleys like this:

THORNTON, a chapelry and a township in Poulton-le-Fylde parish, Lancashire. The chapelry adjoins Fleetwood town and r. station, and has a post-office under Preston. Pop., 826. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £105.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1835. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.-The township includes Fleetwood, and is noticed in our article on that town.

Thornton Cleveleys through time

Thornton Cleveleys is now part of Wyre district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornton Cleveleys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornton Cleveleys, in Wyre and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/526

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornton Cleveleys ".