Place:


Chaldon  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chaldon like this:

CHALDON, a parish in Reigate district, Surrey; near the Brighton and the Caterham railways, 2 miles NE by N of Merstham r. station, and 5 NE of Reigate. Post Town, Merstham, under Red Hill. Acres, 1,622. Real property, £1,253. Pop., 169. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £255.* Patron, the Rev. H. Shepherd. The church is partly early English, and has a spire.

Chaldon through time

Chaldon is now part of Tandridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tandridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chaldon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chaldon, in Tandridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5229

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chaldon ".