Place:


Dorney  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dorney like this:

DORNEY, a parish in Eton district, Bucks; on the river Thames, at the boundary with Berks, near the Great Western railway, 2½ miles WNW of Eton. It has a post office under Windsor. Acres, 1, 550. Real property, £2, 775. Pop., 367. Houses, 70. The property is divided among a few. Dorney Court is the seat of the Palmer family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.* Patron, Sir Charles Palmer. The church is good, and has a fine tower. Charities, £18.

Dorney through time

Dorney is now part of South Bucks district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bucks has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dorney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dorney, in South Bucks and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5042

Date accessed: 05th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dorney ".