Place:


Cadeleigh  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cadeleigh like this:

CADELEIGH, or Cadleigh, a parish in Tiverton district, Devon; 4½ miles SW of Tiverton r. station Post Town, Tiverton. Acres, 2,191. Real property, £2,160. Pop., 258. Houses, 74. The property is much subdivided. The surface rises into bold romantic hills, with brilliant views. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. ...


Value, £198.* Patron, Mrs. Moore. The church is old; consists of nave, chancel, north aisle, and western tower; contains a canopied monument to Sir Simon Leach; and stands on high ground, forming a conspicuous landmark. An Independent chapel is at Little Silver; and there are charities £16.

Cadeleigh through time

Cadeleigh is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cadeleigh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cadeleigh in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4808

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cadeleigh ".