Place:


Bagthorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bagthorpe like this:

BAGTHORPE, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; 7½ miles N by W of Rougham, and 9 WNW of Fakenham r. station. Post Town, Bircham under Rougham. Acres, 750. Real property, £830. Pop., 69. Houses, 14. The property is divided among a few. Bagthorpe Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £125. Patron, the Rev. S. R. Cattley. The church is good.

Bagthorpe through time

Bagthorpe is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bagthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bagthorpe in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4740

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bagthorpe ".