Place:


Ridlington  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ridlington like this:

RIDLINGTON, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; near the coast, 4½ miles E of North Walsham r.station. Post-town, North Walsham, under Norwich. Acres, 635. Real property, £1, 474. Pop., 236. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to M. J. Shepheard, Esq.; and most of the land, to G. E. Cubitt, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of East Ruston, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £208. Patron, alternatelythe Hon. Capt. E. Wodehouse and the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church has a tower, with figures of the four evangelists in the place of pinnacles.

Ridlington through time

Ridlington is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ridlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ridlington in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4703

Date accessed: 26th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ridlington ".