Place:


Kempstone  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kempstone like this:

KEMPSTON, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 1¼ mile S by W of Litcham, and 2 NNW of Fransham r. station. Post town, Litcham, under Swaffham. Acres, 81 4. Real property, £1, 258. Pop., 48. Houses, 9. The property belongs to the Earl of Leicester. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £167. Patron, the Earl of Leicester. The church has a thatched nave, a tiled chancel, and an ivy clad tower; and contains an ancient font and a piscina.

Kempstone through time

Kempstone is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kempstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kempstone, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4699

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kempstone ".