Place:


Thuxton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thuxton like this:

THUXTON, a parish, with a r. station, in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the East Anglian railway, 5 miles SSE of East Dereham. Post town, Hingham, under Attleborough. Acres, 1,102. Real property, £1,703. Pop., 132. Houses, 28. The Hall fuanor belongs to Lord Wodehouse; the Waces manor, to the Rev. H. Lombe. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £260.* Patron, F. O. Taylor, Esq. The church is tolerable. Charities, £5.

Thuxton through time

Thuxton is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thuxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thuxton, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4680

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thuxton ".