Place:


Stithians  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stithians like this:

STITHIANS (St.), a parish in Redruth district, Cornwall; 4 miles SW of Redruth r. station. It has a post-office under Perran-Arworthal, Cornwall. Acres, 4,291. Real property, £4,851. Pop., 2,358. Houses, 490. There are tin veins, powder-mills, paper-mills, Druidical stones, and ancient sculptured crosses. The living is a vicarage, united with Perran-Arworthal, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £377.* Patron, the Earl of Falmouth. The church is ancient. There are Wesleyan and Bible Christian chapels.

Stithians through time

Stithians is now part of Kerrier district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kerrier has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stithians itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stithians, in Kerrier and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4656

Date accessed: 24th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stithians ".