Place:


Barrowden  Rutland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barrowden like this:

BARROWDEN, a parish and a subdistrict in the district of Uppingham, Rutland. The parish lies on the river Welland, 3 miles NE of Seaton r. station, and 6 E of Uppingham Post Town, Morcott, under Uppingham. Acres, 2,073. Real property, £2,866. Pop., 653. Houses, 147. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough Value, £483.* Patron, the Marquis of Exeter. the church is good. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £47.-The sub-d. contains ten parishes. Pop., 3,887.

Barrowden through time

Barrowden is now part of Rutland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rutland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barrowden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barrowden in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4361

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barrowden ".