Place:


Rousdon  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rousdon like this:

ROOSDOWN, an extra-parochial chapelry in Axminster district, Devon; on the coast, 4 miles S of Axminster r. station. Post-town, Axminster. Acres, 200; of.which 10 are water. Pop., 13. House, 1. The landlies high; belonged formerly to the Downe family; and belongs now to the Rev. T. B. Bartlett. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £35. Patron, the Rev. T. B. Bartlett. The church is in ruins.

Rousdon through time

Rousdon is now part of East Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rousdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rousdon in East Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4290

Date accessed: 23rd September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rousdon ".