Place:


Dethick  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dethick like this:

DETHWICK, or Dethwick Lea, a township-chapelry in Ashover parish, Derby; on the Cromford canal, near Matlock-Bath r. station, and 2 miles SE of Matlock. It includes Holloway hamlet; and its post town is Matlock-Bath. Acres, 2, 110. Real property, £3, 474. Pop., 935. Houses, 206. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £93. Patron, T. Hallowes, Esq. The church is good; and there are four dissenting chapels.

Dethick through time

Dethick is now part of Amber Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Amber Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dethick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dethick, in Amber Valley and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4040

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dethick ".