Place:


Rockland All Saints  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rockland All Saints like this:

ROCKLAND-ALL SAINTS, and ROCKLAND-ST.ANDREW, two parishes in Wayland district, Norfolk; 3¾ and 3½ miles W by N of Attleborough r. station. They have a post-office, of the name of Rockland, under Attleborough. Acres, 1, 671. Real property, £3,092. Pop., 373 and 111. Houses, 77 and 25. ...


The property is much subdivided. The Wayland workhouse is in R.-All Saints. The livings are conjoint rectories in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £546. Patron, the Rev. A. B. Hemsworth. All Saints' church was restored in 1860. St. Andrew's church has long been in ruins. There are a national school, and charities £25.

Rockland All Saints through time

Rockland All Saints is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rockland All Saints itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rockland All Saints, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4007

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rockland All Saints ".