Place:


Topcroft  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Topcroft like this:

TOPCROFT, a parish, with a scattered village, in Loddon district, Norfolk; 5 miles WNW of Bungay r. station. It has a post-office under Bungay. Acres, 1,875. Real property, £3,541. Pop., 418. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to J. Hunter, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £400. Patron, the Bishop of N. The church was restored in 1861. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £13.

Topcroft through time

Topcroft is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Topcroft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Topcroft in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3926

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Topcroft ".