Place:


Tharston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tharston like this:

THARSTON, a parish, with a village, in Depwade district, Norfolk; 1 mile NE of Forncett r. station, and 9½ S by W of Norwich. Post town, Long Stratton. Acres, 1,582. Real property, £3,568. Pop., 351. Houses, 82. The property is subdivided. T. Hall is the seat of J. Harvey, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £120.* Patron, the Bishop of N. There are a national school and charities £30.

Tharston through time

Tharston is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tharston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tharston in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3922

Date accessed: 05th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tharston ".