Place:


Whaddon  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whaddon like this:

WHADDON, a parish in the district of Royston and county of Cambridge; 2¼ miles W of Meldreth r. station, and 4 N of Royston. Post town, Royston. Acres, 1,463. Real property, £2,213. Pop., 319. Houses, 60. The manor belongs to Lord Hardwicke. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £220.* Patrons, the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is old.

Whaddon through time

Whaddon is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whaddon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whaddon in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3829

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whaddon ".