Place:


Caldecote  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Caldecote like this:

CALDECOTE, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; on an affluent of the river Cam, 3¼ miles ESE of Caxton, and 6¾ SW of Histon r. station. Post Town, Caxton, under Royston. Acres, 833. Real property, £1,026. Pop., 93. Houses, 22. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Toft, in the diocese of Ely. The church is good.

Caldecote through time

Caldecote is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Caldecote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Caldecote in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3765

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Caldecote ".