Place:


Abington Pigotts  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abington Pigotts like this:

ABINGTON-IN-THE-CLAY, or Abington-Pigotts, a parish in Royston district, Cambridge; 5 miles NW of Royston, and 4 from Royston r. station. Post Town, Royston. Acres, 1,237. Real property, £2,206. Pop., 228. Houses, 41. The manor has been held by the family of Pigott since the Conquest. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £310.* Patron, M. G. F. Pigott, Esq. The church is good.

Abington Pigotts through time

Abington Pigotts is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abington Pigotts itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abington Pigotts in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3761

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abington Pigotts ".