Place:


Tushingham  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tushingham like this:

CHAD, or Chadd (St.), a chapelry in Malpas parish, Cheshire; on the verge of the county, 3½ miles NNW of Whitchurch r. station. Post Town, Whitchurch. Statistics, with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £140.* Patrons, the Rectors of Malpas. The church was built in 1863.

Tushingham through time

Tushingham is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tushingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tushingham, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3730

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tushingham ".