Place:


Great Sutton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Sutton like this:

SUTTON (Great and Little), two townships in Eastham parish, Cheshire; on the Chester and Birkenhead railway, 6 and 7 miles NNW of Chester. They have a post-office‡ under Chester, a r. station, and a United Presbyterian chapel. Acres, 1,142 and 1,120. Real property, £1,867 and £2,974. Pop., 224 and 474. Houses, 47 and 97.

Great Sutton through time

Great Sutton is now part of Ellesmere Port and Neston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ellesmere Port and Neston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Sutton, in Ellesmere Port and Neston and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3716

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Sutton ".