Place:


Little Brickhill  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Brickhill like this:

BRICKHILL (Little), a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands near Watling-street and the Bletchley and Bedford railway, 2 miles SE of Fenny-Stratford station. It formerly had a weekly market; and was, at one time, a seat of assizes. The parish comprises 1,360 acres; and its Post Town is Great Brickhill, under Bletchley station. ...


Real property, £2,465. Pop., 423. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £119. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was restored in 1865. There are a national school, and charities £77. A popular rhyme says, respecting the three Brickhill villages,- "Here stand three Brickhills all in a row, Great Brickhill, Little Brickhill, and Brickhill of the Bow."

Little Brickhill through time

Little Brickhill is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Brickhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Brickhill, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3658

Date accessed: 25th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Brickhill ".