Place:


Tingrith  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tingrith like this:

TINGRITH, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; 4 miles E of Woburn, and 4½ SE of Ridgmount r. station. Post town, Woburn. Acres, 946. Real property, £1,450. Pop., 226. Houses, 38. The manor, with T. House, belongs to Misses Trevor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £240.* Patrons, Misses Trevor. The church is chiefly later English.

Tingrith through time

Tingrith is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tingrith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tingrith in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3580

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tingrith ".