Place:


Hapton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hapton like this:

HAPTON, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; adjacent to the Eastern Counties railway, 1 mile SW of Flordon r. station, and 3 miles NW of Long Stratton. Post town, Flordon, under Long Stratton. Acres, 695. Real property, £1, 226. Pop., 196. Houses, 44. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Berners. The living is a Vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £100. Patron, Christ College, Cambridge. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There is a Unitarian chapel.

Hapton through time

Hapton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hapton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hapton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3391

Date accessed: 24th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hapton ".