Place:


Cilymaenllwyd  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cilymaenllwyd like this:

CIL-Y-MAENLLWYD, or Kil-y-Maenllwyd, a parish in the district of Narberth and counties of Carmarthen and Pembroke; 5 miles N by E of Narberth Road r. station, and 7¾ NNE of Narberth. It includes the hamlets of Grondre and Castle-Dyrran; and its post town is Llandissilio, under Narberth. Acres, 3, 585. Real property, £2, 895. Pop., 640. Houses, 133. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Castle-Dyrran, in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £240. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is not good.

Cilymaenllwyd through time

Cilymaenllwyd is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cilymaenllwyd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cilymaenllwyd in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3251

Date accessed: 24th May 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cilymaenllwyd ".