Place:


Wolferton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wolferton like this:

WOLVERTON, or Wolferton, a parish, with a village, in free bridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; on the Lynn and Hunstanton railway, 6 miles N by E of Lynn. It has a post-office under Lynn, and a r. station. Acres, 5,634; of which 2,920 are foreshore in the Wash. Real property, 2,651. Pop., 179. Houses, 30. The property belongs to the Prince of Wales. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £263.* Patron, the Bishop of N. The church was recently repaired. There is a parochial school.

Wolferton through time

Wolferton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wolferton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wolferton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3232

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wolferton ".